Case STX Steiger
|Body and chassis|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This tractor line is powered by engines with 368 hp (274 kW) to 589 hp (439 kW). They are available with Quadtracs or tires and are also available from New Holland as model TJ or T9000.
In 2007, the STX500 Quadtrac tractor was featured on the television series Top Gear, where presenter Richard Hammond chose the STX Steiger for some of the challenges, (eventually including ploughing.) It was lapped around the Top Gear Test Track by The Stig, finishing in a time of 4:49.1, which is the slowest lap ever round the track. In 2005 that model of tractor broke the 24-hour ploughing World Record, turning 792 acres (3.21 km2) of farmland in just 24 hours.
- Displacement: 543–915 cubic inches (9–15 L)
- Peak horsepower: 368 hp (274 kW)–589 hp (439 kW)
- Torque rise: 35–40%
- Fuel tank: 200 gal. (758 L)–300 gal. (1,138 L)
- Operating Weight (wheeled): 39,600 lb. (17,960 kg)–54,000 lb. (24,494 kg)
- Operating Weight (Quadtrac): 58,000 lb. (26,308 kg)
- Wheelbase: 139 in. (353 cm)–154 in. (391 cm)
- 16 speed power shift transmission
- 2 reverse gears
- Top Speed: 30 km/h (18.7 mph)@2,100rpm
- Top Reverse Speed: 14.7 km/h (9.1 mph)@2,100rpm
- Produced: Fargo, North Dakota
- STX325 Accusteer
- STX375 Quadtrac
- STX380 Quadtrac
- STX440 Quadtrac
- STX450 Quadtrac
- STX480 Quadtrac
- STX500 Quadtrac
- STX530 Quadtrac
- STX535 Quadtrac
- STX600 Quadtracks
- Top gear test track#Power Laps
- Excluding Ferdinand GT3 RS which is foot-pedeled by Richard Hammond in the show.
- http://www.caseih.com/news/newsevents.aspx?&navid=209&RL=ENAN&newsid=2331[permanent dead link]
- March 22, 2005 news release Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-12-06. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
Media related to Case IH STX Steiger at Wikimedia Commons