Casey Jr. Circus Train
|Casey Jr. Circus Train|
|Opening date||July 17, 1955 (Sunday)|
|Disneyland Park (Paris)|
|Opening date||March 20, 1994|
|Designer||WED Enterprises / Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Hosted by||Ring Master|
|Manufacturer||Arrow Development (Disneyland)|
Vekoma (Disneyland Paris)
Must transfer from wheelchair
The Casey Jr. Circus Train is the name of a ridable miniature railroad attraction found at Disneyland and a powered roller coaster attraction found at Disneyland Park (Paris). Based on the train of the same name from the 1941 film Dumbo, it gives passengers a tour of many miniature versions of scenes from Disney animated films. This tour is similar to the one given on the slower paced Storybook Land Canal Boats, but does not incorporate narration.
The original attraction was operating during the grand opening of Disneyland on July 17, 1955, but was closed the following day for safety testing and reopened on July 31, 1955.
Casey Jr. Circus Train at Disneyland Paris is designed as a roller coaster for small children through Storybook Land, giving riders good views of the Storybook Land castle and other scenes that are not as visible from the Storybook Land Canal Boats.
The original 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge internal combustion-powered railroad version at Disneyland was manufactured by Arrow Development. The powered roller coaster version of the ride in Disneyland Paris was manufactured by Vekoma.
Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Strodder, Chris (2017). The Disneyland Encyclopedia (3rd ed.). Santa Monica Press. pp. 110–111. ISBN 978-1595800909.
- "MousePlanet Park Guide - Disneyland Resort - Casey Jr. Circus Train". Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Broggie (2014), pp. 284–286.
- "The Unknown Engineer of the Disneyland Railroad". MiceChat. June 15, 2016. Archived from the original on August 21, 2016. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Arrow Dynamics and The Amusement Park Train". Discover Live Steam. January 3, 2002. Archived from the original on February 19, 2017. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- Gurr, Bob (November 27, 2013). "DESIGN: Those Were The Times – No.23 1955 Arrow Development – Ed Morgan and Karl Bacon". MiceChat. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- "Casey Jr., Le Petit Train du Cirque - Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park (Marne la Vallée, Île-de-France, France)". rcdb.com.
- Broggie, Michael (2014), Walt Disney's Railroad Story: The Small-Scale Fascination That Led to a Full-Scale Kingdom (4th ed.), The Donning Company Publishers, ISBN 978-1-57864-914-3
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Casey Jr. Circus Train.|