Casey Township, Clark County, Illinois
Location in Clark County
Clark County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1854|
|• Total||36.36 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.39%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||109.3/sq mi (42.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62420, 62442|
|GNIS feature ID||0428772|
Casey Township is one of fifteen townships in Clark County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,958 and it contained 1,857 housing units. Casey Township changed its name from Cumberland in September 1876.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.36 square miles (94.2 km2), of which 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2) (or 99.61%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.39%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Blackburn, Casey City, Connelly, Cumberland Baptist and Washington.
Airports and landing strips
- Casey Municipal Airport
- Casey-Westfield Community Unit School District 4c
- Martinsville Community Unit School District 3c
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Casey Township, Clark County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Union Township, Cumberland County||Martinsville Township|
|Crooked Creek Township, Cumberland County||Johnson Township||Orange Township|