This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019)
Viator grew up in New Iberia, Louisiana and began training with Kenwood Broussard. In 1968, Viator placed third in the Mr. Louisiana contest. The following year, he came in sixth in the 1969 Teen Mr. America, but won in the categories Best arms, Best Abs, Best Chest, Best Legs and Most Muscular. In 1970, Casey Viator's upper arm measured at 19 5/16 inches, and his forearm at 15 7/16 inches.
He trained under the guidance of Arthur Jones for ten months prior to the Mr. America contest at DeLand High School in DeLand, Florida. The two first met briefly at the 1970 Mr. America contest in Los Angeles, California, where Viator placed third. Realizing Viator's potential, Jones offered Viator a job at his business Arthur Jones Productions later known as Nautilus Sports Medicine.
Viator won three separate bodybuilding championships; Teen Age Mr. America, Jr. Mister America, and lastly, the title of Mr. America. In 1982 he capped off his bodybuilding career by placing third in the Mr. Olympia competition.
Viator died on September 4, 2013 due to a massive heart attack on his 62nd birthday.
- 1970 AAU Teen Mr. America
- 1970 AAU Teen Mr. America (Most Muscular)
- 1970 AAU Mr. USA
- 1971 AAU Mr. USA
- 1971 AAU Jr. Mr. America
- 1971 AAU Mr. America
- 1980 IFFB Louisiana Grand Prix
- 1980 IFFB Pennsylvania Gran Prix
- 1980 Pittsburgh Pro Invitational
- Colorado Experiment, in which he gained 63 pounds of muscle in four weeks
- List of male professional bodybuilders
- List of female professional bodybuilders
- Roark, Joe. Factoids: featuring 2004 hall of fame inductee Casey Viator. Flex Magazine, May 2004.
- Casey Viator's official website
- Casey Viator at IMDb
- An Interview with Bodybuilding Legend Casey Viator by David Robinson
- History of Mr. Olympia: Casey Viator
- The Colorado Experiment, during which Casey Viator reportedly gained 63 pounds of muscle in only twenty eight days using Nautilus equipment
- Casey Viator Bodybuilding Gallery
- The Nautilus Bulletins describing Casey's HIT training