|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|Parent company||Iran National Airlines Corporation|
|Key people||Samad Soleimany (President)|
Caspian Airlines (Persian: هواپیمایی کاسپین) is an airline headquartered in Tehran, Iran. Established in 1993, it operates services between Tehran and other major cities in Iran and international flights to Armenia, Syria, Turkey, UAE and Ukraine. Its main base is Mehrabad International Airport, Tehran.
The airline was established in 1993 and commenced operations in September 1993. It was set up as a joint venture between Iranian and Russian interests.
Caspian Airlines built it's headquarters building 1993. Later this tower was exchanged with three Tupolev-154 from Mahan Air.
- Abadan - Abadan Airport
- Ahwaz - Ahwaz International Airport
- Asalouyeh - Persian Gulf Airport
- Bandar Abbas - Bandar Abbas International Airport
- Sanandaj - Sanandaj Airport
- Isfahan - Shahid Beheshti International Airport
- Kish Island - Kish Airport
- Kermanshah - Kermanshah Airport
- Mahshahr - Mahshahr Airport
- Mashhad - Mashhad International Airport
- Rasht - Rasht Airport
- Sari - Dashte-naz Airport
- Shiraz - Shiraz International Airport
- Tabriz - Tabriz Airport
- Urmia - Uromieh Airport
- Yazd - Shahid Sadooghi Airport
- Zabol - Zabol Airport
- Zahedan - Zahedan Airport
The Caspian Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of December 2015):
|Boeing 737-400||3||—||169||One stored THR|
|Boeing 747-100F||1||—||Cargo division|
|Boeing 747-200F||1||—||Cargo division|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-82||1||—||155|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83||5||—||155||1 leased for Dart Airlines|
Accidents and incidents
On 15 July 2009, Caspian Airlines Flight 7908, a Tupolev Tu-154M, traveling from Tehran to Yerevan crashed near the Iranian town of Qazvin, killing all 168 people (156 passengers, 12 crew) on board.
- "Contact Caspian." Caspian Airlines. Retrieved on 27 June 2010. "Contact Details 5 Sabonchi St Shahid Beheshti Ave"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 62.
- "Caspian Airlines". ch-aviation.com.
- "Caspian Airlines 150 dead in Iran airline crash - eTurboNews.com". eturbonews.com.
- "BBC News - Scores killed in Iran plane crash". bbc.co.uk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caspian Airlines.|
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|