Caspian International Petroleum Company
Caspian International Petroleum Company (CIPCO) (Azerbaijani: Xəzər Beynəlxalq Neft Şirkəti) was a joint operating company established by production shareholding companies for exploration, development and production sharing of the Karabakh field in the section of the Caspian Sea within Azerbaijan.
Shareholders of CIPCO had the following stakes in Karabakh field:
In January 1999, the consortium management announced the project was not commercially feasible and as of 23 February 1999 it stopped its operations and was dissolved.
- Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli — Caspian Sea oil fields.
- Karabakh (Oil and Gas field) — Caspian Sea oil field.
- Sangachal Terminal — natural gas processing and oil production plant on the coast of the Caspian Sea.
- Oil and gas companies of Azerbaijan
- Petroleum in Azerbaijan
- "Caspian International Petroleum Company. Formed for Exploration, Development of Karabakh Prospect". Azerbaijan International. Autumn 1996. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- James Tilley (Winter 1996). "CIPCO. Developing the Karabakh Prospect". Azerbaijan International. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- НЕФТЕГАЗОДОБЫЧА В СТРАНАХ СНГ
- "CIPCO dissolved". 4 (4). Alexander's Gas & Oil Connections. 1999-03-03. Retrieved 2009-12-08.