Cass Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||39.55 sq mi (102.4 km2)|
|• Land||39.4 sq mi (102 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.38%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||15.8/sq mi (6.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61427, 61477, 61542|
|GNIS feature ID||0428775|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.55 square miles (102.4 km2), of which 39.4 square miles (102 km2) (or 99.62%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.38%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Totten Prairie
- Gobbler's Knob
- Travis was an old town site near Poverty Ridge which was near seville and the old fuller mill. It is said that the foundation of the mill can still be found. Travis did not become nothing but an old forgotten town site which never organized.
The township contains these six cemeteries: Baughman, Buckeye, Fuller, Henderson, Howard and Sinnett Chapel.
- Community Unit School District 3 Fulton City
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Cass Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Deerfield Township||Joshua Township|
|Harris Township||Putman Township|
|Farmers Township||Bernadotte Township||Lewistown Township|