Cass Township, Richland County, Ohio
|Cass Township, Ohio|
Location of Cass Township in Richland County.
|• Total||25.8 sq mi (66.8 km2)|
|• Land||25.8 sq mi (66.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,083 ft (330 m)|
|• Density||67.3/sq mi (26.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086874|
Cass Township is one of the eighteen townships of Richland County, Ohio, United States. It is a part of the Mansfield Metropolitan Statistical Area. The 2000 census found 1,735 people in the township, 1,014 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ripley Township, Huron County - northeast
- Blooming Grove Township - east
- Franklin Township - southeast corner
- Jackson Township - south
- Sharon Township - southwest corner
- Plymouth Township - west
- New Haven Township, Huron County - northwest
The village of Shiloh is located in northern Cass Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Richland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.