Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
|Società per Azioni|
|Founded||1850 in Turin|
|Headquarters||Rome, Italy, European Union|
|Chairman: Claudio Costamagna Vice President: Mario Nuzzo Chief Executive Officer: Fabio Gallia|
|Total assets||401 billion € (2014)|
Number of employees
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP SpA) is an Italian bank founded in 1850 in Turin; after the unification of Italy, in 1863 it was restructured and the headquarters moved to Rome; it was constituted in its current form as a joint-stock company on 12 December 2003. 80.1% of the share capital is owned by the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance, the 18.4% is held by various banking foundations, while the remaining 1.5% in treasury shares.
The activities of the company are divided into two distinct branches of business. The first, called "separate management", manages the financing of investment and other public bodies, such as regions, other local bodies and structures relating to the State, using postal savings deposits as the main source of funds.
The second, called "ordinary management", deals with the financing of works, plants, networks and equipment intended for the supply of public services and redevelopment.
The activity of the company is subject to monitoring by a Parliamentary committee.
- As of 31 December 2014
CDP as the sovereign fund
- As of March 2016 
- CDP Reti (59.1%)
- CDP Gas (100%)
- Snam (1.807%)
- CDP Equity (ex-Fondo Strategico Italiano)
- Enel OpEn Fiber (50%)
- Eni (25.76%)
- Fintecna (100%)
- Fincantieri (72.5%)
- SACE (100%)
- SIMEST (76%)
- CDP Immobiliare (100%)
- CDP Investimenti SGR (70%)
- Fondo Italiano d'Investimento SGR (12.5%)
- Fondi Italiani per le Infrastrutture SGR (14.01%)
- Istituto per il Credito Sportivo (2.21%)
- Sistemi Iniziative Locali (11.29%)
- Europrogetti & Finanza (31.8%)
- Fondo Investimenti per il Turismo
- Fondo Italiano di Investimento
- F2i - Fondo Italiano per le infrastrutture
- F2i - Secondo Fondo Italiano per le Infrastrutture
- Fondo PPP Italia
- Fondo Investimenti per l'Abitare (FIA)
- Fondo Investimenti per la Valorizzazione (FIV Plus e FIV Extra)
- Fondo Immobiliare di Lombardia - Comparto uno
- Fondo Europeo per gli Investimenti
- Fondo FoF Private Debt
- Fondo FoF Venture Capital
- Fondo Marguerite - 2020 European Fund for Energy, Climate Change and Infrastructure Sicàv - Fis Sa
- Fondo InfraMed Infrastructure Sas
- European Energy Efficiency Fund
- Galaxy Sarl
- "History of CDP". CDP. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Long-Term Investors Club. "Message".
- "Cassa Depositi e Prestiti". Treccani Encyclopedia. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Company Overview of Cassa depositi e Prestiti S.p.A.". Business Week. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "2014 Bilancio Consuntivo" (in Italian). Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara. 18 May 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "2014 Bilancio Consuntivo" (in Italian). Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio della Provincia dell'Aquila (Fondazione Carispaq). 23 April 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Costituito il Fondo Investimenti Turismo" (in Italian). Federturismo. 18 April 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
|This Italian bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|