|General Hospital family|
|Created by||Gloria Monty|
|Original run||August 10, 1981—|
|Address||Wyndemere Castle, Spoon Island
Private Island in Greece
The Cassadines are a fictional aristocratic family from the American soap opera General Hospital. Created by executive producer Gloria Monty, the family was first introduced in August 1981, with the arrival of brothers Mikkos, Victor, and Tony Cassadine. The Cassadines are descendants of Russian royalty and own their own private island in Greece. Various family members have been sometime residents of Port Charles, living in Wyndemere Castle on Spoon Island. The family is known for their longtime feud with the Spencer family. After the family's initial appearance in 1981, they were absent from the series until the arrival of Stavros Cassadine in 1983. The Cassadine family owns and operates the international conglomerate Cassadine Industries, which is currently controlled by Nikolas Cassadine. The family is currently represented on canvas by Alexis, Valentin, Sam, Kristina, Molly, Danny, Charlotte and Emily.
The Cassadines make their first appearance in the 1980s, when Mikkos Cassadine, the patriarch of the family, along with his brothers Victor and Tony, are involved in various nefarious plans, including the Ice Princess storyline, a plot to freeze the world using a weather machine. When Luke Spencer foils their plan, the great feud between the Spencers and Cassadines begins. Elizabeth Taylor originated the role of villain Helena Cassadine, Mikkos' wife, in this era. Her curse on Luke and Laura's wedding was watched by over 30 million viewers.
- Cassadine line of succession
The Cassadine title of "Prince" passes from eldest son to eldest son, and the authority that goes with it both symbolic and real. If a Cassadine Prince were to die without a male heir the title would die with him and the fortune he controlled would be scattered amongst the surviving family members. The current Cassadine Prince is Spencer Cassadine - though his great uncle Valentin now owns the family wealth.
- Cassadine Bacchanalia
A traditional masquerade ball thrown in honor of a Cassadine engagement.
Characters currently on the show are noted in bold; family members through marriage are in italics. Only current spouses or those married at the time of their death appear here.
- Prince Stanislaus Cassadine
- Katya Cassadine
- Ivan Cassadine - Based on Mikkos's middle name, which is "Ivanovich" -- all of the children in the Cassadine family follow the Russian tradition of a patronymic.
- Irina Cassadine - According to Stefan, his grand aunt, making her Mikkos's aunt.
- Prince Mikkos Ivanovich Cassadine, Oldest of the Cassadine siblings.
- Victor Cassadine - Middle brother of the trio.
- Anthony "Tony" Cassadine - Youngest of the brothers.
- Sophia Cassadine-Davidovitch - Sister of Mikkos, Victor and Tony.
- Alexei Davidovitch
- Petros Cassadine - Cousin of Mikkos, Tony, and Victor.
- Dimitri Cassadine - 10th cousin, several times removed of Mikkos.
- Prince Stavros Nikolai Mikkossovich Cassadine - Son of Mikkos and Helena.
- Stefan Darius Mikkossovich Cassadine - Son of Mikkos and Helena.
- Alexis Davis (born Princess Natasha Alexandra Mikkosovna Cassadine) - Daughter of Mikkos and Kristin Bergman.
- Kristina Cassadine - Daughter of Mikkos and Kristin Bergman.
- Valentin Mikosovich Cassadine - Son of Mikkos.
- Irina Cassadine - Daughter of Helena.
- Prince Nikolas Mikail Stavrossovich Cassadine - Son of Stavros and Laura Spencer.
- Hayden Barnes - Nikolas' widow
- Samantha "Sam" Morgan - Daughter of Alexis and Julian Jerome.
- Kristina Adela Corinthos-Davis - Daughter of Alexis and Sonny Corinthos.
- Molly Lansing-Davis - Daughter of Alexis and Ric Lansing.
- Charlotte Cassadine - Daughter of Valentin and Lulu Spencer.
- Spencer Stefan Nikolasovich Cassadine - Son of Nikolas and Courtney Matthews.
- Lila McCall - Daughter of Sam and Sonny Corinthos.
- Daniel Edward "Danny" Morgan - Son of Sam and Jason.
- Emily Scout Morgan - Daughter of Sam and Jason.
- In 1998 Nikolas was led to believe that he was not the Cassadine Prince. During this time Stefan attempted to convince him to try and hold on to control of the Cassadine Estate. Nikolas refused, stating that the Estate didn't belong to him if he was not the Prince, it belonged to "the Belgian Cassadines, and the Baron's children in Macao, and to Helena, Alexis and Cousin Mikhail who took Holy orders -- "
This wealthy, international conglomerate was founded by the Cassadines in the late 1970s as a front to cover for their dirty dealings. But the business took off, being controlled by Mikkos Cassadine, Stavros Cassadine, Helena Cassadine, and Nikolas Cassadine among others. Nikolas is currently in charge of the business. It is planned that when he becomes of age, Spencer Cassadine will take over. In December 2005, a single Cassadine Industries account was estimated to be worth $15 million at the time. As of May 2009, Cassadine Industries was estimated to be worth over $20 billion.
- Cassadine Drilling Company
- Cassadine Construction
- General Hospital
- Emily Bowen Quartermaine Clinic
- Equinox Corporation
- Stanislaus Cassadine (deceased); married Katya Cassadine (deceased)
- Irina Cassadine (deceased); Daughter of Stanislaus and Katya
- Unknown first name Cassadine (deceased); son of Stanislaus and Katya; married Unnamed woman (deceased)
- Petros Cassadine (deceased); Identical cousin of Mikkos
- Unknown first name Cassadine (deceased); Son of Stanislaus and Katya; married Unnamed woman (deceased)
- Dimitri Cassadine; Cousin to Mikkos
- Ivan Cassadine (deceased); son of Stanislaus and Katya; married Unnamed woman (deceased)
- Mikkos Cassadine (died 1981); son of Ivan; married Helena Cassadine
- Stavros Cassadine (died 2014); Mikkos and Helena's son; married Laura Spencer (1982–83), Lulu Spencer (2013)
- Stefan Cassadine (died 2003); Mikkos and Helena's son; married Bobbie Spencer (1996–97)
- Valentin Cassadine (1965–); Mikkos' son with unknown woman; married Nina Reeves (2016–)
- Alexis Davis (1966–); Mikkos' daughter with Kristin Bergman, born Natasha Cassadine; married Jasper Jacks (1999–2000), Ric Lansing (2004–06), Julian Jerome (2016)
- Sam McCall (1980–); Alexis and Julian's daughter; married Jason Morgan (2011–16, 2016–)
- Kristina Davis (1992–); Alexis' daughter with Sonny Corinthos; married Trey Mitchell (2012)
- Molly Lansing (1997–); Alexis and Ric's daughter
- Kristina Cassadine (died 2002); Mikkos' daughter with Kristin Bergman
- Victor Cassadine (died 2014); son of Ivan
- Anthony "Tony" Cassadine (died 1981); son of Ivan
- Sophia Cassadine (deceased); daughter of Ivan; married Alexei Davidovitch (deceased)
- Mikkos Cassadine (died 1981); son of Ivan; married Helena Cassadine
- "Dear Soaps, I have often wondered...". TV Guide. tvguide.com. 2001-10-03. Retrieved September 6, 2012.
- "Dear Soaps, On General Hospital,...". TV Guide. tvguide.com. 2001-10-17. Retrieved September 6, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Dear Soaps, I'm still trying to...". TV Guide. tvguide.com. 2001-10-24. Retrieved September 6, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Aurthur, Kate (2005-11-30). "Prepare the O.R. (and A.A.): Dr. Drake Is Back". The New York Times. nytimes.com. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- Mentioned by Helena in a conversation with Spencer on April 28, 2010.