|Born||Cassandra Jean Whitehead
October 5, 1985
Houston, Texas, United States
|Spouse(s)||Stephen Amell (m. 2012)|
Cassandra Jean Whitehead (born October 5, 1985), also known as Cassandra Jean, is an American actress, model, and beauty pageant queen from Houston, Texas. Jean attended Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi.
Jean competed in the Miss Texas Teen USA pageant from 2002 to 2004. She was a semifinalist in both 2003 and 2004, and held the local title Miss Houston Teen USA in 2003. In these pageants, she competed alongside future Miss Texas USA Lauren Lanning (2006) and Magen Ellis (2007). Jean (as Cassandra Whitehead) won Miss Corpus Christi 2004, a title held by Eva Longoria in 1998. She made the top 10 at Miss Texas USA 2005. Jean competed in the Miss California USA 2008 pageant but was disqualified due to her appearance on America's Next Top Model. The following year she was a judge for the Miss Newport Beach pageant. Whitehead was a 19-year-old student at Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi while participating in America's Next Top Model.
America's Next Top Model
Jean was chosen to compete on the UPN reality television show America's Next Top Model, Cycle 5 but quit the competition during the fourth episode. She became emotional during the makeover episode, wherein her long, dark brown hair was cut extremely short and dyed blond. During the next judging round, host Tyra Banks was still not pleased with Jean's haircut, wanting to make it even shorter but Jean refused. Claiming that the producers gave her one night to consider her options, she walked out the following morning. In 2009, she was voted one of the most memorable contestants by AOL Canada entertainment. Jean made an appearance in The Cycle 5 Reunion, America's Next Top Model: Where the Girls Are, and America's Next Top Model: Exposed.
Jean appears in the film 2 Dudes and a Dream (2009). She has had guest roles on several TV shows including One Tree Hill, The Middleman, CSI: Miami, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Las Vegas, Hannah Montana, Twenty-Four Seven (MTV), America's Next Producer (TV Guide Network), and a speaking role on Mad Men.
Jean hosted Lucky Strike's Bowl for a Cause, MySpace and Tommy Lee's Super Bowl XL Event, Miss Corpus Christi 2006, America's Next Top Model Diva Dish along with "Red Carpet Makeovers" for the Tyra Banks Show. She also appeared on the game show 1 vs. 100 on February 15, 2008, winning $500,000.
- Hinojosa, Cassandra (September 20, 2005). "Will Miss Corpus Christi be America's top model?". Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Archived from the original on September 20, 2005.
- "Miss Texas USA 2005 pageant information".
- "2008 Judges - Cassandra Whitehead". Miss Newport Beach.
- "Role Model". Houston Press. October 13, 2005.
- Bark, Ed (November 9, 2005). "Over the Top". The Dallas Morning News.
- Jancelewicz, Chris. "Top Model Contestants We Can't Forget, II". AOL entertainment.
- "Cassandra Whitehead". Where are the models of ANTM now?. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- GoToMyCollection Review 2 Dudes and a Dream 2009
- "One Tree Hill blog".
- "Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell: Stephen Amell's Baby Girl". Daily Mail UK. 2013-10-20.