|Born||Cassandra Jean Whitehead
October 5, 1985
Houston, Texas, United States
|Spouse(s)||Stephen Amell (m. 2012)|
Cassandra Jean Whitehead (born October 5, 1985), also known as Cassandra Jean, is an American actress, model, and beauty pageant queen from Houston, Texas. Jean attended Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi.
Jean competed in the Miss Texas Teen USA pageant from 2002 to 2004. She was a semifinalist in both 2003 and 2004 and held the local title Miss Houston Teen USA in 2003. In these pageants, she competed alongside future Miss Texas USA Lauren Lanning (2006) and Magen Ellis (2007). Jean (as Cassandra Whitehead) won Miss Corpus Christi 2004, a title held by Eva Longoria in 1998. She made the top 10 at Miss Texas USA 2005. Jean competed in the Miss California USA 2008 pageant but was disqualified due to her appearance on America's Next Top Model. The following year she was a judge for the Miss Newport Beach pageant. Whitehead was a 19-year-old student at Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi while participating in America's Next Top Model.
America's Next Top Model
Jean was the first girl chosen for the top 13 to compete on the UPN reality television show America's Next Top Model, Cycle 5 however quit the competition outside of judging panel during the fourth episode. She became very emotional during the makeovers in episode three, wherein her long, dark brown hair was cut extremely short and dyed blond. During the next judging round, host Tyra Banks was still not pleased with Jean's haircut, wanting to make it even shorter and scheduling a time to have it redone but Jean refused. Claiming that the producers gave her one night to consider her options, she walked out the following morning. During her time on Top Model Jean took two fantastic photos and therefore received one third call-out and one first call-out. She was also the second contestant (first being Magdalena Rivas from America's Next Top Model, Cycle 3) to never appear in the bottom two during her time at panel. Jean made an appearance in The Cycle 5 Reunion, America's Next Top Model: Where the Girls Are, and America's Next Top Model: Exposed. In 2009, she was voted one of the most memorable contestants by AOL Canada entertainment.
Jean appears in the film 2 Dudes and a Dream (2009). She has had guest roles on several TV shows including One Tree Hill, The Middleman, CSI: Miami, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Las Vegas, Hannah Montana, Twenty-Four Seven (MTV), America's Next Producer (TV Guide Network), and a speaking role on Mad Men.
Jean hosted Lucky Strike's Bowl for a Cause, MySpace and Tommy Lee's Super Bowl XL Event, Miss Corpus Christi 2006, America's Next Top Model Diva Dish along with "Red Carpet Makeovers" for the Tyra Banks Show. She also appeared on the game show 1 vs. 100 on February 15, 2008, winning $500,000.
- Hinojosa, Cassandra (September 20, 2005). "Will Miss Corpus Christi be America's top model?". Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Archived from the original on November 29, 2005.
- "Miss Texas USA 2005 pageant information". Archived from the original on 2007-03-10.
- "2008 Judges - Cassandra Whitehead". Miss Newport Beach. Archived from the original on 2008-05-09.
- "Role Model". Houston Press. October 13, 2005.
- Bark, Ed (November 9, 2005). "Over the Top". The Dallas Morning News.
- "Cassandra Whitehead". Where are the models of ANTM now?. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Jancelewicz, Chris. "Top Model Contestants We Can't Forget, II". AOL entertainment. Archived from the original on 2008-03-10.
- GoToMyCollection[permanent dead link] Review 2 Dudes and a Dream 2009
- "One Tree Hill blog".
- "Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell: Stephen Amell's Baby Girl". Huffington Post. 2013-10-20.