Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up cassia or Cassia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cassia typically refers to cassia bark, the spice made from the bark of East Asian evergreen trees.
Cassia may also refer to:
- Cinnamon trees
- Cinnamomum cassia (肉桂, ròuguì), the cassia or Chinese cinnamon, found in southern China and Indochina
- Other East Asian species of Cinnamomum, such as C. burmannii (Indonesian cinnamon) and C. loureiroi (the Vietnamese cinnamon)
- Osmanthus fragrans (桂花, guìhuā), is the osmanthus or sweet olive found in southern China and Indochina
- Cassia (genus), a genus of trees and shrubs in the bean family Fabaceae.
- Senna (plant), a genus of the bean family Fabaceae including species formerly treated in the genus Cassia, and used in herbal medicine:
- Acacia farnesiana, another member of Fabaceae
- Cassia gum, a food additive made from the seeds of Senna obtusifolia
- Cassia tea or senna tea, an herbal tea made from the seeds of Senna obtusifolia
- Carao syrup, or molasses, is made from boiling down bean pods of Cassia grandis, (Spanish: carao). It is a nutritious sweetener.
- Cássia, a city in Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Cassia County, Idaho
- Cassia Creek, in the Mining regions of Idaho
- Via Cassia, a Roman road
- Cassia flask, a laboratory flask
- Cassiar (disambiguation)
- Cassio (disambiguation)
- Cassius (disambiguation)
- Cassiane (born 1972), Brazilian gospel singer
- Kassia, Byzantine saint and hymnographer
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cassia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.