||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
Scerbo attending a Party at Area Nightclub, West Hollywood, CA on January 28, 2009
|Born||Cassandra Lynn Scerbo
March 30, 1990
Long Island, New York, United States
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, dancer|
Cassandra Lynn "Cassie" Scerbo (born March 30, 1990) is an American actress, singer and dancer. She is best known for her roles as Brooke in Bring It On: In It to Win It (2007), as Lauren Tanner in Make It or Break It (2009–12), and as Nova Clarke in Sharknado (2013) and Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015).
Life and career
Scerbo was born on Long Island, New York. She is of full Italian ancestry. Scerbo was raised in Parkland, Florida and played soccer for the Parkland Soccer Club. She lived in Florida from the time she was in Kindergarten until she was cast in Make It or Break It. She attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In 2006, Scerbo successfully auditioned for the Music Girl Group Slumber Party Girls. Scerbo was chosen as one of the five members out of over 1,000 fellow applicants. In September 2006, the group hosted the Children's Music TV series Dance Revolution which promoted nutrition and fitness to children. Slumber Party Girls original songs was dominantly featured through the series run. The group's debut album Dance Revolution was released but failed to chart. The series was not renewed for a second season. In the midst of 2007 as the group began working on their sophomore record the group was confirmed to have split. That same year Scerbo signed a solo-recording contract with Geffen Records. Her three original songs Betcha Don't Know, Sugar and Spice and Top Of The World were all released to iTunes in 2008.
In 2007, Universal Pictures green-lit a planned fourth installment of the Bring It On film franchise with Scerbo confirmed to star. She portrayed the role of Brooke the team captain of the East Coast Jets Cheerleading squad who have won three-years in a row at Camp Spirit-Thunder. It was released direct-to-DVD in December 2007 to generally negative reviews from critics. That same year Scerbo appeared in the Disney Channel television pilot Arwin!. The pilot was filmed in late 2006 but was not picked up by Disney Channel.
In September 2008, Scerbo appeared alongside Missi Pyle and Emily Osment in the direct-to-DVD comedy film Soccer Mom. In June 2009, Scerbo was cast in the ABC Family teen drama series Make It or Break It which premiered to 2.5 million viewers. Scerbo portrayed the role of a skilled gymnast named Lauren Tanner who aspires to make it to the Olympic Games. Due to the series success ABC Family ordered an additional 10-episodes bringing the first season episode count to 20-episodes. In January 2012, ABC Family renewed the series for a third and final season. The series finale "United Stakes" aired in May 2012. In April 2010, Scerbo also appeared with her Make It or Break It cast mate Chelsea Hobbs in an episode of CSI: Miami.
In June 2011, Scerbo was confirmed to star in the ABC Family Original Film Teen Spirit. Scerbo portrays the role of the Queen Bee of high school who is electrified to death and is not allowed to enter Heaven unless she helps the schools most unpopular girl become Prom Queen. Filming took place in Wilmington, North Carolina. The film premiered in August 2011 on ABC Family.
|2005||Hitters Anonymous||Young Leah|
|2007||Natural Born Komics||Montana|
|2011||A Holiday Heist||Kate|
|Not Another Not Another Movie||Ursula|
|Bench Seat||Girl||Short Film|
|2012||Music High||Candi Piper|
|2013||Isolated||Ambassador for Peace|
|2015||Take a Chance||Cynthia||Post-production|
|My Life as a Dead Girl||Brittany/Chelsea|
|2006||House Broken||Cassie||Television movie|
|2006–07||Dance Revolution||Slumber Party Girl||Main role; 26 episodes|
|2007||Arwin!||Cassie||Failed pilot (not picked up); Main role|
|Bring It On: In It to Win It||Brooke||Television movie (ABC Family)|
|2008||Mother Goose Parade||Television movie|
|2009–12||Make It or Break It||Lauren Tanner||Main role; 47 episodes (absent in the episode "The Great Wall")|
|2010||10 Things I Hate About You||Lauren Tanner||Episode: "The Winner Takes It All"|
|CSI: Miami||Hilary Swanson||Episode: "Spring Breakdown"|
|Sym-Bionic Titan||Kimmy/Tiffany (voice)||Episode: "Showdown at Sherman High"|
|2011||Teen Spirit||Amber Pollock||Television movie (ABC Family)|
|2012||Hot in Cleveland||Lindsay||Episode: "Method Man"|
|2012–14||Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja||Heidi Wienerman (voice)||Secondary role; 15 episodes|
|2013||Sharknado||Nova||Television movie (Syfy)|
|Bering Sea Beast||Donna||Television movie (Syfy)|
|2014||Baby Daddy||Heather||Episodes: "Romancing the Phone", "The Bet"|
|2015||Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!||Nova Clarke||Television movie (Syfy)|
- 2006: Dance Revolution (album)
- Scerbo, Cassie (June 24, 2012). "Twitter / Cassie Scerbo : @MissLucyxxx I'm full Italian heritage". Twitter. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Cassie Scerbo | New Music And Songs". MTV. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "iTunes - Music - Cassie Scerbo". iTunes. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Universal announces 2007 slate for HD DVD". Forums.highdefdigest.com. January 26, 2007. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Bring It On: In It to Win It". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Daglas, Andy (April 28, 2006). "Disney Channel picks up Zack and Cody spin-off - News". TV.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Disney Channel Series Arwin was Not Picked up by the Disney Channel". Crushable.com. December 13, 2007. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- SnoopyStyle (September 30, 2008). "Soccer Mom (2008)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "ABC Family's "Secret Life" Returns at Record Levels, While "Make It Or Break It" Sets Time Period Highs". The Futon Critic. June 23, 2009. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Lowry, Brian (June 21, 2009). "Review: ‘Make It or Break It’". Variety. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Meet The Make It or Break It Cast - Make It or Break It". ABC Family. Archived from the original on February 7, 2011. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "WebCite query result". Webcitation.org. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Preview: The Secret Life Of The American Teenager & Make It Or Break It Return Tonight". We Love Soaps. March 26, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 26, 2012). "'Make It Or Break It' Ending Run On ABC Family After This Season". Deadline.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "‘Spring Breakdown’, ‘Redemptio’ & ‘Field Mice’ Official Details « CSI Files". Csifiles.com. April 11, 2010. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Cambio, Team (June 28, 2011). "Cassie Scerbo & Lindsey Shaw: "Teen Spirit" Premieres August 7 on Cambio". Cambio.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- jamirpower (August 7, 2011). "Teen Spirit (TV Movie 2011)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "New ABC Family movie begins production in Wilmington". WWAY. February 16, 2011. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Interviews (August 11, 2011). "Cassie Scerbo Stars in "Teen Spirit"". Scifivision.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- ""@ChrisGCarney: @therealTiffany and just had our first Son KJ!!! 8-14-12 So amazing!!!" What an amazing morning, my Godson is here!!!!!". Twitter. August 14, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Barton, Steve (February 11, 2015). "Sharknado 3 Once Again Sweeps Up Cassie Scerbo". Dread Central. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- Roberts, Katie (April 23, 2015). "Syfy Announces the Full 'Sharknado 3' Cast and Premiere Info". Moviefone. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cassie Scerbo.|
- Official website
- Cassie Scerbo at the Internet Movie Database
- Record Labels Artist site
- Official Music Myspace