|Type||Archaeological open-air museum|
This Iron Age hillfort has been the subject of an ongoing excavation for more than twenty years, accompanied by an exercise in reconstruction archaeology whereby experiments in prehistoric farming have been practised. Four roundhouses and a granary have been reconstructed on their original Iron Age foundations, some 2,000 years old, the only site in Britain where this has been done.
- List of hillforts in Wales
- Weald and Downland Living Museum
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Acton Scott Historic Working Farm (Shropshire)
- Grayhill farm (Gray Hill, Monmouthshire)
- Dave Parkinson (5 July 2018). "Roundhouse built on site of existing Iron Age fort near Cardigan". Tivyside Advertiser. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Visit Pembrokeshire: Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort". Retrieved 4 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Castell Henllys.|
- Castell Henllys website
- Celtic roundhouses at Castell Henllys
- Castell Henllys at Gathering the Jewels
- Photoraphs of Castell Henllys and surrounding area on Geograph
|This Pembrokeshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|