Some Castilian nationalists defend the traditions and values from the rebels of the Castilian War of the Communities, so they call themselves "comuneros". Some of them also contend for the union of the present-day Spanish Autonomous Communities of Cantabria, Castile and León, Castile-La Mancha, La Rioja and Madrid.
A flag of Castile used by supporters of the Castilian Left.
Current political parties
- (in Spanish) El hecho nacional castellano Discussion about Castilian nationalism.
- (in Spanish) Castellano y no Español - Nationalist writing about the names given to the Spanish language.
- (in Spanish) Villalar de los Comuneros - Castilian National Day celebration
- (in Spanish) Yesca - Left-wing youth organization
- (in Spanish) Castilla y su cultura, desde el siglo IX al XXI Royal Spanish Association of Official Chroniclers. On the formation and development of the historical, political and cultural personality of Castile.