|Motto: bxta buhay p my pg sa|
Map of Sorsogon with Castilla highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|Legislative district||1st district of Sorsogon|
|• Mayor||Joan Lorenzano|
|• Total||186.20 km2 (71.89 sq mi)|
|• Density||280/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||56|
Castilla is a third class municipality in the province of Sorsogon, on the Bicol Peninsula of Luzon island, Philippines. According to the 2010 Philippine census, it has a population of 52,903 inhabitants.
- Bagong Sirang
- La Union
- Monte Carmelo
- San Isidro
- San Rafael
- San Roque
- San Vicente
|Population census of Castilla|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Majority of the males (62.02%) falling under working age population were employed while only a little over 10% of the females were employed. Out of the municipality’s labor force, majority (52.54%) were not economically active who were either too old, sick, or still at school age. Overall, the total employment rate in Castilla was only 40.95% while unemployment was recorded at 6.50%. This is expected considering that there is inadequate employment opportunity in the municipality.
Total dependency ratio in Castilla was computed at 86.57%, which indicates more mouths to feed for those with gainful employment. Young dependency ratio was computed at 79.97% while old dependency ratio was 6.60%.
Farming and fishing are the main employment opportunities but are characteristically seasoned in nature. Castilla has 13 coastal barangays, which depend on fishing as the main economic activity.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Province: Sorsogon". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Archived from the original on 14 November 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 November 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Sorsogon". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Legazpi, Albay||Manito, Albay|