Castle Fantasia: Seima Taisen
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Castle Fantasia 2: Seima Taisen|
(Kyasutoru Fantajia ~Seima Taisen~ Ri'nyūaru)
|Genre||Fantasy, Comedy, Drama, War|
|Genre||Eroge, Tactical RPG, Dating simulation|
Castle Fantasia: Seima Taisen (キャッスルファンタジア ～聖魔大戦～?, Castle Fantasia: The Sacred War) is the second in the three-part Japanese tactical RPG game series, Castle Fantasia (キャッスルファンタジア? Kyasutoru Fantajia), created by Studio E-Go! and illustrated by E-Go! artist Yamamoto Kazue. It was rereleased on December 22, 2000 as Castle Fantasia 2: Seima Taisen Renewal.
Castle Fantasia 2 is a turn-based tactical RPG, with extensive visual novel–like story intermission scenes. The Renewal re-release includes high-resolution CG images, voice acting for all character dialogue and CD audio music.
The tactical RPG portions of the game are standard turn-based combat. Units are laid out on a grid of squares. At most one unit may occupy a square, and each unit faces one of the four sides. Each unit may move and change facing once per turn, and may also do an action: either attack, defend, cast a magic spell, perform a limit attack or perform an "Ougi(Special)" attack. The units may move and do actions in any order, and may interleave their moves and actions. Each units have a certain amount of HP and LP. Attacks reduce the enemy's HP, and attacking the side or the back of enemies causes extra damage. Attacking, defending and being attacked increases the LP. When the LP meter is full, the unit can perform a Limit attack, which does extra damage, or an "Ougi" attack, which does extra damage and can target multiple enemies. A unit also gains experience when attacking and eliminating enemy units. With sufficient experience, a unit will gain a level, increasing attack and defense. Spellcasters may learn new spells at each level, and characters can also learn their "Ougi" attack.
During the intermission scenes, the player controls the actions of Hewie, and is given choices for Hewie's actions. The consequences of these actions affect Hewie's relationship with the other characters, potentially unlocking a romantic relationship with some characters.
The Holy Knights
- The main character, he is a soldier, following in the footsteps of his parents. He has a keen mind for strategy and tactics, seeing through and predicting enemy plans. However, his laid-back attitude results in a demotion. He is the commander of the Seventh Holy Knight Corps. His weapon is a sword
- Gurou Estoban
- He is romantically involved with Seria. He is the commander of the Fourth Holy Knights Corps
- A friend and mentor/guardian to Hewie. He is the commander of the First Holy Knights Corps.
- The leader of the Third Holy Knights Corps.
- Inherited the leadership of a group of shinobi. Rumor has it she is a homicidal maniac. She becomes a holy knight. She dies later on in the story. When the Renewal version was released, players are able to save her.
Members of the Seventh Holy Knights Corps
- One of the Seventh Holy Knights Corps' first members. She takes being a soldier seriously, often taking Hewie and others to task for their relaxed unmilitary attitude. She is often found studying books on strategy and tactics, but is bad at cooking. Her weapon is a sword.
- Hannah Hamilton
- The other of the Seventh Holy Knights Corps' first members. She is the head of the Ducis fan club, and is good at cooking. Her weapon is a hammer, and she also knows a variety of healing, status-enhancing and attack magic.
- Cecile Forward
- A witch from the borderlands, she initially meets Hewie while defending a group of orphaned children in an abandoned town from monster attacks.
- Hewie and the Seventh Holy Knights Corps rescue her from a monster attack only to find out that she is a new member of the seventh holy knight corps. She speaks and acts a bit slowly. Her weapon is a poleaxe.
- Initially one of the holy knights and commander of the Sixth Holy Knights Corps. After the loss of her unit, she is reassigned to the Seventh Holy Knights Corps. Her weapon is a naginata.
- The head of a band of thieves that captures the Seventh Holy Knights Corps. After her hideout is discovered, she joins the Seventh Holy Knights Corps. She is seen in the bath naked by Hewie, and decides that they will be married. She calls Cecile "lobster", and Hewie "Hew-pon".