Castle Hill railway station
Castle Hill Station worksite
|Location||Old Castle Hill Road, Castle Hill
New South Wales
|Owned by||Transport for New South Wales|
|Operated by||Northwest Rapid Transit|
|Distance||21km from Chatswood|
|Train operators||Northwest Rapid Transit|
|Bicycle facilities||20 spaces|
Castle Hill is an underground rapid transit station being built by the Northwest Rapid Transit (NRT) consortium at Old Castle Hill Road, Castle Hill, in Sydney, Australia. The station, located opposite the Castle Towers shopping centre, is being built as part of Transport for New South Wales's Sydney Metro Northwest project, to serve future train services to Rouse Hill and Chatswood. The station is planned to eventually serve trains to the Sydney central business district, Bankstown and Hurstville as part of the government's 20-year Sydney's Rail Future strategy.
The NSW Government announced a future railway line from Epping to Castle Hill as part of its Action for Public Transport strategy in 1998. In the years that followed, Castle Hill Station formed part of successive north-western rail proposals, including the Metropolitan Rail Expansion Plan in 2005 and a short-lived metro proposal in 2008.
Work on the North West Rail Link got underway with the election of the O'Farrell Government in 2011. The new station is currently under construction and is expected to open to passengers in early 2019. The station will be operated by NRT, which was also responsible for the design of the station as part of its "Operations, Trains and Systems" contract with Transport for NSW.
- Transport for New South Wales (June 2012). Sydney's rail future: modernising Sydney's trains (PDF).
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest Project Overview Archived 17 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Sydney Metro June 2015
- New South Wales Department of Transport (1998). Action for transport 2010: an integrated transport strategy for Sydney.
- Office of the Minister for Transport (10 March 2002). "Media release: release of preferred route for the proposed rail link to for Sydney's north west". Archived from the original on 3 May 2005.
- Castle Hill station Transport for NSW
- North West Rail Link $340 million skytrain contract awarded Transport for NSW 18 December 2013
- $8.3 billion North West Rail Link to open in late 2019 Transport for NSW 16 June 2013