Castleberry Independent School District
|Castleberry Independent School District|
|Fort Worth, TX|
|Motto||Growing the Minds of Tomorrow TODAY.|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|Students and staff|
|Colors||Red and Columbian Blue|
Castleberry Independent School District is a public school district located northwest of downtown Fort Worth, TX (USA). The district's boundaries contain River Oaks, the majority of the city of Sansom Park, and a small portion of Fort Worth. The district covers an area of approximately 5.438 square miles, placing it among the smallest (in terms of geographic size) public school districts in the state of Texas.
- Castleberry High School (Grades 9-12)
- Irma Marsh Middle School/IMMS (Grades 6-8)
- A.V. Cato Elementary School/A.V. Cato (Grades PK-5)
- Castleberry Elementary School/CES (Grades PK-5)
- Joy James Elementary School/JJES (Grades PK-5)
- REACH High School (Grades 9-12)
- TRUCE Learning Center (Grades 6-12)
|Subject||Castleberry ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Local region and statewide averages on standardized tests typically exceed the average scores of students in Castleberry. In 2015-2016 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 69% of students in Castleberry ISD met Level II Satisfactory standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas. The average SAT score of the class of 2015 was 1300, and the average ACT score was 19.0.
In the 2015-2016 school year, the school district had a total of 4,044 students, ranging from early childhood education and pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The class of 2015 included 188 graduates; the annual drop-out rate across grades 9-12 was 1.8%.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 76.7% Hispanic, 20.4% White, 1.1% African American, 0.3% American Indian, 0.2% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, and 1.1% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 84.0% of the student body.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Castleberry Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "2015-16 Texas Academic Performance Report, CASTLEBERRY ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Castleberry ISD Overview". Castleberry ISD. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.