Castleconnell railway station
Castleconnell Railway Station
|Location||Castleconnell, County Limerick|
|Line(s)||Limerick–Ballybrophy railway line|
|Opened||8 August 1858|
|Limerick to |
A January 2012 national newspaper article suggested that Iarnród Éireann was expected to seek permission from the National Transport Authority to close the line. however in February 2012 an enhanced timetable was launched. In the revised timetable of Feb 2013 services were again reduced.
The station is located at the level crossing east of the centre of Castleconnell. It is quite near Castleconnell National School.
- "Castleconnell station" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 5 September 2007.
- "Castleconnell". Irish Rail.
- Irishrail.ie[full citation needed]
- "Iarnród Éireann may close rail service amid falling demand". Irish Examiner. 2 January 2012.
- "(untitled)". Irish Rail. Archived from the original on November 12, 2013.
|This Ireland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|