Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
|Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth|
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth[a] is a side-scrolling action platform game developed by M2, and released by Konami for the Wii in 2009 as a WiiWare title. As of March 26, 2018, it is no longer purchasable due to the Wii Shop Channel removing the option to add Wii Points. Based on the 1989 Game Boy title Castlevania: The Adventure, it is the third game in M2's ReBirth series, following Gradius ReBirth and Contra ReBirth. The setting of the game is a century before the original Castlevania title, where the player controls an ancestor of Simon Belmont named Christopher Belmont, who must defeat the vampire Dracula.
The Adventure ReBirth consists of six areas that the player has to complete in order to finish the game. Toward the end of each area is a boss the player has to defeat before advancing to the next stage.
The player's main weapon for attacking in-game enemies is a whip, which can upgraded by collecting orbs. The last upgrade lets the player shoot fire from Christopher's whip for a short duration. Unlike the original Adventure title for the Game Boy, there are sub-weapons which are powered with items called hearts. There are five sub-weapons and each has a different use.
The game's soundtrack was composed by Manabu Namiki, who worked on the other titles in the ReBirth series. The music consists of remixes of previous Castlevania tracks. The official album was released on March 24, 2010 in a compilation with Contra ReBirth's music.
The Adventure ReBirth garnered positive reviews, achieving a Metacritic score of 78/100 based on 22 critic reviews. Game Informer's Tim Turi praised its audio and noted that it was a better game than Castlevania: The Adventure though still felt it was "unforgiving". In 2011, Robert Workman of GameZone ranked it as the 10th best Castlevania game and complimented Konami for making this game in light of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
- ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth (Dorakyura Densetsu: ReBirth The Legend of Dracula ReBirth)
- "NintendoWare Weekly: Castlevania ReBirth, Pilotwings, Oregon Trail| Joystiq". Archived from the original on 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth". Archived from the original on 2009-10-19. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- Perfect Selection Dracula ~New Classic~ (Media notes). King Records Co., Ltd. 1992. Archived from the original on 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. : Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth Archived 2009-11-30 at the Wayback Machine
- "Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth Review – Wii Review at IGN". Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth screens pop up- Destructoid". Archived from the original on 2010-01-22. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- "ドラキュラ伝説ReBirth ＆ 魂斗羅ReBirth オリジナルサウンドトラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(konamistyle)". Archived from the original on 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- "Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth for Wii Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 2018-10-30. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- Turi, Tim (2012-04-04). "Ranking The Castlevania Bloodline". Game Informer. Archived from the original on 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Workman, Robert (2011-09-27). "Happy 25th Birthday Castlevania: The Ten Best Games In the Series". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|