|Look up castro, Castro, castró, or castrò in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Castro is a Romance language word that originally derived from Latin castrum, a pre-Roman military camp or fortification (cf: Greek: kastron; Proto-Celtic: * *Kassrik; Breton: kaer, *kastro). The English-language equivalent is chester.
It may refer to :
Places and jurisdictions
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Castro (disambiguation)
- Castro Barros (disambiguation)
- Castro Street (disambiguation)
- Castro Station (disambiguation)
- Castro City (disambiguation)
- Castro, Paraná, a municipality in the state of Paraná in the Southern Region of Brazil.
- Curiate Italian designation for the Latin Catholic titular bishopric of Moglæna, now Almopia, a municipality of the Pella regional unit in Greek Macedonia.
- Castro, Apulia, a comune (municipality) in the province of Lecce
- the former Roman Catholic Diocese of Castro di Puglia, now a Latin Catholic titular see
- Castro, Lazio, a destroyed town in the province of Viterbo
- the former Roman Catholic Diocese of Castro del Lazio, now a Latin Catholic titular see
- Castro, Lombardy, a comune in the province of Bergamo
- Castel di Castro, 13th century fortified city at the site of modern Cagliari, Sardinia
- A former town within the comune of Oschiri, Sardinia
- the former Roman Catholic Diocese of Castro di Sardegna, now a Latin Catholic titular see
- Castro County, Texas
- Castro Cove, an embayment of the San Pablo Bay in Richmond, California
- Castro Creek, a creek in Richmond, California
- Castro Street Station, a Metro station in San Francisco, California
- Castro Theatre, a movie theater in San Francisco, California
- The Castro, San Francisco, a neighborhood in San Francisco, California
- Castro Valley, California, a census-designated place in Alameda County
- Castro (surname), a surname (including a list of people with the name)
- Castro (musician), Ghanaian musician
- de Castro, a Portuguese surname
- Fidel Castro (1926–2016), political leader of Cuba, former First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba
- Raúl Castro, younger brother of Fidel Castro, current First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba
- House of Castro, a Spanish noble family
- A nickname of Martin Castrogiovanni (born 1981), Argentine-born Italian rugby player
- Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, Head of the Royal House of Bourbon Two Sicilies of Naple
- A nickname of Christopher Jenneki Castro, The King of Juul.
- Castro culture, Iron-Age, Bronze-Age and Celtic culture in the Northern Iberian Peninsula
- Castro (clothing), an Israel-based clothing company
- "Castro" (song), a 2016 song by Yo Gotti
- Wars of Castro, conflict between the Papacy and the Farnese dukes of Parma
- Castro FC, Spanish football team
- Jose Castro House
- Castor (disambiguation)
- Castro brothers (disambiguation)
- De castro family (disambiguation)
- Duke of Castro (disambiguation)
- Gastro-, common English-language prefix derived from the ancient Greek γαστήρ gastēr ("stomach")
- Kastro (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Castro.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.