Cat 'n' Mouse
|Cat 'n' Mouse|
|Studio album by John Abercrombie|
|Released||February 26, 2002|
|Studio||Avatar Studios, New York City|
|John Abercrombie chronology|
The Allmusic review by Rovi awarded the album 3 stars stating "John Abercombie makes it clear on Cat 'n' Mouse exactly why he continues to be regarded as one of jazz's most creative and progressive guitarist... On the album's numerous contemplative tunes, it's a pleasure to hear Abercombie and Feldman's lines cris-crossing, creating spontaneous tone poems that bear beauty and invention in equal measure". The Penguin Guide to Jazz awarded the album 4 stars stating "John sounds in great form but it's very often the fiddle that cuts through the mix to make the most empathic statements".
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
All compositions by John Abercrombie except as indicated
- "A Nice Idea" - 10:57
- "Convolution" - 5:34
- "String Thing" - 4:02
- "Soundtrack" - 8:06
- "Third Stream Samba" (John Abercrombie, Joey Baron, Mark Feldman, Marc Johnson) - 8:45
- "On the Loose" - 6:00
- "Stop and Go" - 7:04
- "Show of Hands" (Abercrombie, Baron, Feldman, Johnson) - 9:18
- ECM discography accessed October 25, 2011
- "JOHN ABERCROMBIE: CAT 'N' MOUSE". sudo.3.pro.tok2.com. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- Rovi Allmusic Review accessed February 17, 2013
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2006) . The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (8th ed.). London: Penguin. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-141-02327-4.