Titular see of Catabum Castra
During the Roman Empire the town of Catabum Castra was the seat of an ancient bishopric. That ancient diocese ceased to function with the Muslim conquest of the Maghreb. The diocese was, however, nominally restored in 1933 as a titular bishopric.
Catabum Castra has had the following incumbents of the lowest (episcopal) rank :
- Patera (fl.484)
- Urbain Etienne Morlion], White Fathers (M. Afr.) (1966.09.29 – 1971.01.20)
- Gabriel Lee Gab-sou (이갑수 가브리엘) (1971.07.25 – 1975.06.05)
- Simon Michael Fung Kui Heong (1975.08.29 – 1976.05.31)
- Michael Nnachi Okoro (1977.06.27 – 1983.02.19)
- František Václav Lobkowicz, Norbertines (O. Praem.) (1990.03.17 – 1996.05.30)
- Mathias Ri Iong-hoon] (이용훈 마티아) (2003.03.19 – 2008.10.10)
- Olivier Michel Marie Schmitthaeusler, Paris Foreign Missions Society (M.E.P.) (2009.12.24 – ...), Apostolic Vicar of Phnom Penh (Cambodia), President of Episcopal Conference of Laos and Cambodia
- Titular Episcopal See of Catabum castra at GCatholic.org.
- Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2013, ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), "Sedi titolari", pp. 819-1013
- Pius Bonifacius Gams, Series episcoporum Ecclesiae Catholicae, (Leipzig, 1931), p. 465.
- Stefano Antonio Morcelli, Africa christiana, Volume I (Brescia, 1816), p. 131.
- GigaCatholic with titular incumbent biography links.
|This article about a location in Algiers Province is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|