Catacombs (1988 film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||David Schmoeller|
|Produced by||Hope Perello
|Written by||David Schmoeller|
|Starring||Tim Van Patten
|Music by||Pino Donaggio|
|Edited by||Thomas Meshelski|
|Distributed by||Columbia TriStar Home Video|
In the 17th century, an order of monks in Italy capture and entomb a demon that has possessed a member of their group. 400 years later, school teacher Elizabeth Magrino (Laura Schaefer) visits the monastery in order to do some research. What she and the current monks do not realize is that the evil hiding within the catacombs has unwittingly been released.
The film was last officially completed film by Empire Pictures before the company was seized by Crédit Lyonnais for failure to pay on loans. As a result, the film's release was delayed for 5 years. It was eventually given the new title Curse IV: The Ultimate Sacrifice by Columbia TriStar Home Video and released direct-to-video in 1993.
On October 29, 2013, Scream Factory will release the film on DVD for the first time, along with Contamination 7, The Dungeonmaster and Cellar Dweller as part of the second volume of their Scream Factory All-Night Horror Marathon series. They later re-release the film with Cellar Dweller on a double-feature Blu-ray.
- Tim Van Patten as Father John Durham
- Ian Abercrombie as Brother Orsini
- Jeremy West as Brother Marinus
- Laura Schaefer as Elizabeth Magrino
- Vernon Dobtcheff as Brother Timothy
- Feodor Chaliapin Jr. as Brother Terrel
- Brett Porter as Possessed albino
- Michael Pasby as Jesus Christ
- David Schmoeller as Monk (uncredited)
- "The "Never Got Made" Files: David Schmoeller". Video Junkie. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "Company Credits for Catacombs". imdb.com. Retrieved 2012-10-11.