Jump to navigation Jump to search
Catalan Republic or Catalan State refers to Catalonia at various times when it was proclaimed either an independent republic or as a republic within a Spanish federal republic:
- Catalan Republic (1641), a proclaimed independent state under French protection, but shortly thereafter incorporated into the Kingdom of France.
- Catalan State (1873), a proclaimed state within the First Spanish Republic.
- Catalan Republic (1931), a proclaimed state declared in anticipation of the imminent formation of a Spanish republic. Within days, this territory voluntarily became an autonomous area within the Second Spanish Republic.
- Catalan State (1934), a "Catalan State within the Spanish Federal Republic" proclaimed during the failed Revolution of 1934.
- Catalan Republic (2017), a proposed state after a disputed independence referendum was held.
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.