Cataldo is an unincorporated community in Kootenai and Shoshone counties in northern Idaho. It is located at an altitude of 2,139 feet (652 m). Cataldo lies on the southeast banks of the Coeur d'Alene River and Interstate 90 passes the south side of the community. The community of Kingston lies along I-90 to the east.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cataldo, Idaho
- Cataldo, Idaho, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1985
- "Cataldo Mission". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Archived from the original on 2008-01-10. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- Davis, Ellis A. (1909). Davis' New Commercial Encyclopedia: Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, the Pacific Northwest. Ellis A. Davis. p. 189.
- World Book Encyclopedia. Vol. I. Field Enterprises Corporation. 1960. p. 27.