Cataldo is an unincorporated community in Kootenai and Shoshone counties in northern Idaho. It is located at an altitude of 2,139 feet (652 m). Cataldo lies on the southeast banks of the Coeur d'Alene River and Interstate 90 passes the south side of the community. The community of Kingston lies along I-90 to the east. The ZIP Code for Cataldo is 83810.
The nearby area was the site of the Cataldo Mission which lies west of the river in Kootenai County. It is a former mission established by the Jesuits and is a national historic landmark that is the site of the oldest building in the state of Idaho.
Cataldo's population was estimated at 100 in 1909 and was also 100 in 1960.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cataldo, Idaho
- ^ a b Cataldo, Idaho, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1985
- ^ "Cataldo ZIP Code". zipdatamaps.com. 2022. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- ^ "Coeur d' Alene's Old Mission State Park". Idaho State Parks and Recreation. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- ^ "Cataldo Mission". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Archived from the original on 2008-01-10. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
- ^ Davis, Ellis A. (1909). Davis' New Commercial Encyclopedia: Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, the Pacific Northwest. Ellis A. Davis. p. 189.
- ^ World Book Encyclopedia. Vol. I. Field Enterprises Corporation. 1960. p. 27.