The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: CTLT|
S&P 400 Component
|Predecessor||Cardinal Health PTS|
|Headquarters||Somerset, New Jersey, US|
Number of locations
|John Chiminski |
(Executive Vice President, CFO)
|Services||Drug pre-formulation, formulation, analytical testing, clinical and commercial manufacturing, clinical packaging and supply chain, regulatory consulting|
|Revenue||US$2,463.4 million (2018)|
|US $271.1 million (2018)|
|US $83.6 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Catalent, Inc. (Catalent Pharma Solutions) is a Somerset, New Jersey company involved in technology and development for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. It claimed production of more than 70 billion doses annually for nearly 7,000 customer products in 2014.
Originally created through a series of acquisitions by Cardinal Health Inc., Catalent became independent in 2007. On July 31, 2014, Catalent became a public company and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CTLT).
In 2007, the Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services segment of Cardinal Health was purchased by Blackstone Group and re-branded as Catalent Pharma Solutions.
Catalent announced its initial public offering on July 30, 2014. After raising more than $870 million, Catalent became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The shares began trading on the NYSE on July 31, 2014, under the ticker symbol CTLT, and the offering closed on August 1, 2014. The proceeds of the offering went to the redemption of more than $800 million of Catalent’s outstanding debt. 
As of 2019, Catalent employed approximately 11,000 people, over of whom 1,800 are scientists.
- "Catalent, Inc. 2018 Annual Report". Catalent Investors. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Financial News". Investor. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "The United States Securities and Exchange Commission, (2014). Form 10-K. Washington, D.C.: Catalent Pharma Solutions". Catalent Pharma Solutions. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "CEO Spotlight: Catalent". Contract Pharma. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Cardinal Health Completes Sale of Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services Segment to The Blackstone Group". Dublin, Ohio: Blackstone Group. 10 April 2007.
- "Catalent Issues Initial Public Offering" (8). PharmTech.com. Pharmaceutical Technology Sourcing and Management. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Catalent Issues Initial Public Offering". Catalent.com. Catalent, Inc. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Catalent, Inc. Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results | Catalent". investor.catalent.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.