|Population||297 (2021 census)|
|Location||72 km (45 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Cardinia|
Catani is a bounded rural locality in Victoria, Australia, 72 kilometres (45 mi) south-east of Melbourne's Central Business District, located within the Shire of Cardinia local government area. Catani recorded a population of 297 at the 2021 census.
Catani Post Office opened on 2 April 1923 and closed in 1981 after Bernadette Miles left.
Catani has an Australian Rules football team playing in the Ellinbank & District Football League. Catani is also host to the Gippsland Pleasure Harness Society, a branch of the Australian Carriage Driving Society. Members of the club meet at the Recreational Reserve on the third Sunday of each month to practice and participate in activities with their horses, ponies and donkeys. The town also has netball, cricket and tennis teams running during their season. A school bus that runs throughout the town twice a day for students at Kooweerup Secondary college.
- City of Cranbourne – Catani was previously within this former local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "Catani (Suburbs and Localities)". 2021 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- McNicoll, Ronald (1979). "Catani, Carlo Giorgio Domenico Enrico (1852–1918)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. Melbourne University Press. ISSN 1833-7538. Retrieved 22 August 2011 – via National Centre of Biography, Australian National University.
- Phoenix Auctions History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2021
- Full Points Footy, Catani, archived from the original on 16 March 2009, retrieved 15 April 2009
- "Home". kwrsc.vic.edu.au.