An academic discipline or academic field is a subdivision of knowledge that is taught and researched at the college or university level. Disciplines are defined (in part) and recognized by the academic journals in which research is published, and the learned societies and academic departments or faculties within colleges and universities to which their practitioners belong.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Academic disciplines.|
|Look up academic disciplines in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
This category has the following 28 subcategories, out of 28 total.
- ► Biblical studies (13 C, 28 P)
- ► Communication studies (9 C, 41 P)
- ► Futures studies (29 C, 128 P)
- ► Humanities (40 C, 49 P)
- ► Academic discipline interactions (5 C, 7 P)
- ► Jurisprudence (9 C, 26 P)
- ► Liberal arts education (1 C, 14 P)
- ► Musicology (21 C, 92 P)
- ► Professional studies (8 C, 5 P)
- ► Textual scholarship (5 C, 130 P)
- ► University and college departments by discipline (10 C, 2 P)
Pages in category "Academic disciplines"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).