|Library of Congress||QA150-272.5|
Algebra (from the Arabic الجبر ("al-djebr" meaning "reunion", "connection" or "completion")) is a branch of mathematics which may be defined as a generalization and extension of and is focused on finding patterns between groups of numbers, operators, and other mathematical objects. The following category includes articles about algebra. Algebra is also a branch of mathematics that substitutes letters for numbers, replacing the unknown value with a letter.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Computer algebra (1 C, 44 P)
- ► Elementary algebra (1 C, 50 P)
- ► History of algebra (10 P)
- ► Linear algebra (16 C, 282 P)
- ► Mathematical identities (66 P)
- ► Polynomials (6 C, 214 P)
- ► Universal algebra (1 C, 35 P)
- ► Variables (mathematics) (2 C, 6 P)
- ► Algebra stubs (2 C, 258 P)
Pages in category "Algebra"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Schur algebra
- Series expansion
- Series multisection
- Shuffle algebra
- Smooth algebra
- Spherical design
- Spherically complete field
- Square (algebra)
- Stereotype space
- Straight-line program
- Substitution (algebra)
- Suspension of a ring
- Symbolic method
- Symbolic power of a prime ideal
- Symmetric difference
- System of polynomial equations