|This is a container category. Due to its scope, it should contain only subcategories.|
|For a list of all American novelists, including those in all sub-categories of American novelists, click this link.|
Categorization guidelines for American novelists
Per current consensus, this category should not directly include any American novelists. All American novelists should be in one or more by-century categories based on when they wrote novels:
- Category:18th-century American novelists (1701–1800)
- Category:19th-century American novelists (1801–1900)
- Category:20th-century American novelists (1901–2000)
- Category:21st-century American novelists (2001–2100)
Novelists should also be placed into Category:American women novelists, Category:American male novelists and Category:American genderqueer novelists as appropriate, and into any relevant genre or ethnic/national categories as well. However, a novelist should never only be in a genre, ethnic, or gender-based category – all novelists should be in the century-categories at a minimum.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novelists from the United States.|
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Novelists from Washington, D.C. (12 P)
- ► American novelist stubs (2 C, 366 P)