|main topic||ancient language|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ancient languages.|
|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
Languages attested in writing before about 400 A.D. Use subcategories relevant to the time of first attestation.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Ancient literature (45 C, 2 P)
- ► Languages attested from the 5th century (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Languages of ancient Anatolia (3 C, 14 P)
- ► Grammarians by ancient language (7 C)
- ► Languages of ancient Italy (4 C, 17 P)
- ► Language of the Hebrew Bible (17 P)
- ► Languages attested from the 1st millennium BC (17 C, 8 P)
- ► Languages attested from the 2nd millennium BC (10 C, 5 P)
- ► Languages attested from the 3rd millennium BC (9 C, 7 P)
- ► Languages attested from the 4th century (13 P)
- ► Languages extinct in the 1st millennium (11 C, 6 P)
- ► Languages extinct in the 1st millennium BC (8 C, 3 P)
- ► Languages extinct in the 2nd millennium BC (5 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Ancient languages"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).