|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ankara.|
Ankara is the capital of Turkey and the country's second largest city after İstanbul. The city has a population (as of 2005) of 4,319,167 (Province 5,153,000), and a mean elevation of 938 metres (3,077 ft). It was formerly known as Angora or Engürü, and in Roman times as Ancyra, and in classical and Hellenistic periods as Ἄγκυρα Ánkyra.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Ankara-related lists (1 P)
- ► Buildings and structures in Ankara (13 C, 28 P)
- ► History of Ankara (4 C, 19 P)
- ► Images of Ankara (2 F)
- ► Organizations based in Ankara (6 C, 64 P)
- ► People from Ankara (6 C, 144 P)
- ► Religion in Ankara (2 C)
- ► Sport in Ankara (12 C, 50 P)
- ► Ankara templates (5 P)