|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Archaeology.|
|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
Archaeology, or archeology, is the study of human activity through the recovery and analysis of material culture. The archaeological record consists of artifacts, architecture, biofacts or ecofacts and cultural landscapes. Archaeology can be considered both a social science and a branch of the humanities. In North America archaeology is a sub-field of anthropology, while in Europe it is often viewed as either a discipline in its own right or a sub-field of other disciplines.
This category has the following 30 subcategories, out of 30 total.
- ► Archaeology-related lists (3 C, 47 P)
- ► History of archaeology (3 C, 4 P)
- ► Archaeology images (1 F)
- ► Archaeology law (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Archaeological organizations (15 C, 167 P)
- ► Archaeological sites (20 C, 14 P)
- ► Zooarchaeology (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Archaeology stubs (7 C, 201 P)
Pages in category "Archaeology"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).