Assistive technology is technology, or enhancements to technology, or methods of using technology, that make it possible for disabled persons to use technology (or to use it easily) that they were formerly unable to use (or to use with only some difficulty).
- Assistive Technology Device
- "Any item, piece of equipment, or system, whether acquired commercially, modified, or customized, that is commonly used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities." -TECHNOLOGY-RELATED ASSISTANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1988 AS AMENDED IN 1994, US Public Laws 100-407 and 103-218.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assistive technology.|
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- Augmentative and alternative communication (3 C, 27 P)
- Disability robots (2 P)
- Mobility devices (2 C, 40 P)
- Prosthetics (4 C, 101 P, 3 F)
Pages in category "Assistive technology"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Adaptive equipment
- Assistive cane
- Assistive eating devices
- Assistive listening device
- Assistive Technology Acts
- Assistive Technology for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Assistive technology in sport
- Assistive Technology Industry Association
- Assistive technology service provider
- Audio description
- Audio induction loop
- Tactile (device)
- Tactile paving
- Talking ATM
- Talking clock
- Talking tactile tablet
- Telecommunications device for the deaf
- Telecommunications relay service
- Telephone interpreting
- Telesensory Systems
- Text over IP
- Third-party reproduction
- Tile (company)
- Toilet seat riser
- Transfer bench
- Tunstall Healthcare
- TV Ears