|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carbohydrates.|
Carbohydrates (literally hydrates of carbon) are chemical compounds, which together with proteins, lipids (fats), and nucleic acids (RNA/DNA), constitute the 4 principal biological macromolecules of which all life on Earth is composed. Together with lipids, carbohydrates are the primary means by which living organisms store energy.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Amino sugars (5 C, 26 P)
- ► Carbohydrate chemistry (2 C, 76 P)
- ► Deoxy sugars (22 P)
- ► Glycosides (4 C, 6 P)
- ► Iminosugars (9 P)
- ► Low-carbohydrate diets (19 P)
- ► Monosaccharides (8 C, 26 P)
- ► Oligosaccharides (3 C, 16 P)
- ► Polysaccharides (3 C, 83 P)
Pages in category "Carbohydrates"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).