This category and its subcategories include people notable as chess players. (Category:Amateur chess players is the exception, since its members are notable for other things but have also attracted attention as chess amateurs. Amateur chess players are not categorized by nationality or put in any other chess players subcategory.)
- All players will be found in the appropriate subcategory of chess players by nationality.
- Players who have been awarded the Grandmaster title will be found in the subcategory chess grandmasters. (The Grandmaster title was first awarded by FIDE in 1950 so most strong players from the middle of the 20th century on will be in the chess grandmaster category.)
- Female players who hold the Woman Grandmaster title will be found in the subcategory chess woman grandmasters. Some women hold both the Woman Grandmaster and the unrestricted Grandmaster title and will be found in both categories.
- Players who are grandmasters of correspondence chess will be found in the subcategory correspondence chess grandmasteers. A small number of players are grandmasters of both over-the-board and correspondence chess and will be found in both categories.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chess players.|
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Female chess players (5 C, 2 P)
- ► Chess player images (47 F)
- ► Amateur chess players (20 P)
- ► Chess boxers (5 P)
- ► Chess double grandmasters (23 P)
- ► Chess FIDE Masters (82 P)
- ► Chess grandmasters (1,149 P)
- ► Chess International Masters (460 P)
- ► Lists of chess players (17 P)
- ► Medalists in chess (5 C)
- ► Chess players who committed suicide (9 P)
Pages in category "Chess players"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).