This category is itself a subcategory of Physical punishments: all corporal punishments are physical, but not all physical punishments (e.g. capital punishment or amputation) are what is meant by "corporal punishment".
Most types of corporal punishment are named after the implement or apparatus used to inflict the punishment. To avoid duplication, only one entry per type of punishment is linked here, e.g. "caning" and not "cane"; "strapping" and not "strap".
As spanking implements may be used on areas of the body other than the buttocks, they are marked for both that subcategory and this category.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Corporal punishments"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Campaigns against corporal punishment
- Caning in Malaysia
- Capital and corporal punishment in Judaism
- Capital punishment in Islam
- Cat o' nine tails
- Corporal punishment in Florida
- Corporal punishment in Taiwan
- Corporal punishment of minors in the United States
- Crimes (Substituted Section 59) Amendment Act 2007