Category:Country houses in England
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Country houses in England.|
The subcategories attempt to list all county houses, stately homes, manors, country retreats and estates, mansions, and houses in England by county—anything of historical architectural note that was used as a residence by a noble family or persons of esteem in history. This includes castles, palaces, old abbeys, priories that may at one time have been used as a noble residence, including those that now lie within urban areas such as London but retain the appearance of a country house in style, and have extensive gardens.
This category has the following 50 subcategories, out of 50 total.
- ► Country houses in Bedfordshire (29 P)
- ► Country houses in Berkshire (70 P)
- ► Country houses in Bristol (8 P)
- ► British country houses destroyed in the 20th century (2 C, 105 P)
- ► Country houses in Buckinghamshire (58 P)
- ► Country houses on the Isle of Wight (83 P)
- ► Country houses in Kent (58 P)
- ► Country houses in Merseyside (20 P)
- ► Country houses in Oxfordshire (53 P)
- ► Country houses in Rutland (4 P)
- ► Country houses in Tyne and Wear (6 P)