This category relates to:
- Railway companies that are no longer operating under their own name (known as "fallen flags" in the US). They may have been purchased by other railroads, gone bankrupt, or been merged; and
- Railway lines that have closed for use, usually being removed and sometimes obscured.
There are a range of terms that are synonymous, including: closed railways, former railways
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- Closed railway lines (5 C, 10 P)
- Defunct monorails (21 P)
- Defunct railway companies (6 C, 9 P)
- Rail trails (10 C, 5 P)
- Alton Railroad (3 C, 7 P)
- Central New England Railway (2 C, 3 P)
- Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad (2 C, 13 P)
- Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (9 C, 24 P)
- Defunct New York (state) railroads (8 C, 516 P)
- Defunct funicular railways (1 C, 16 P)
- Missouri–Kansas–Texas Railroad (3 C, 8 P)
- Old Colony Railroad (3 C, 10 P)
- Rutland Railroad (3 C, 2 P)
Pages in category "Defunct railroads"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.