|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Former railway lines.|
This category relates to:
- Railway companies that are no longer operating under their own name (known as "fallen flags" in the US). They may have been purchased by other railroads, gone bankrupt, or been merged; and
- Railway lines that have closed for use, usually being removed and sometimes obscured.
There are a range of terms that are synonymous, including: closed railways, former railways
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Central New England Railway (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad (3 C, 7 P)
- ► Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (9 C, 21 P)
- ► Closed British railway lines (3 C, 1 P)
- ► Closed railway lines in Denmark (7 P)
- ► Closed railway lines in New Zealand (1 P)
- ► Closed railway lines in Croatia (2 P)
- ► Defunct railway companies (4 C, 8 P)
- ► Defunct funicular railways (1 C, 11 P)
- ► Lists of former rail lines (6 P)
- ► Old Colony Railroad (3 C, 9 P)
- ► Rutland Railroad (3 C, 6 P)
- ► Closed railway lines in Switzerland (11 P)
- ► Wabash Railroad (5 C, 12 P)
Pages in category "Defunct railroads"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).