1. A divided city is an existing city that has been divided for some reason between two distinct governing bodies, such as Berlin, Germany was from 1945 to 1991.
3. A city that has "grown together", most notable Buda and Pest into Budapest, Hungary falls into neither category. Many municipalities have grown together. This is not a special category.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Divided cities on the Turkish-Syrian border (1 C, 5 P)
- ► Flin Flon (1 C, 14 P, 1 F)
- ► Lloydminster (4 C, 14 P, 1 F)
- ► Nicosia (12 C, 33 P)
- ► Sault Ste. Marie (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Valga, Estonia (1 C, 8 P)
Pages in category "Divided cities"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).