From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Domesticated plants — plant species cultivated by humans in agriculture and forestry, and in horticulture and gardening.
- They can be grown—cultivated for:
- Aesthetic uses — ornamental plants and trees in gardens and parks, craft materials (eg: basketmaking, indigenous clothing), and decoration (eg: floristry).
- Consumption uses — food crops (for humans and/or domesticated animals), byproducts (eg: syrups), and herbs and spices.
- Healing uses — traditional medicines and medical drugs; and psychoactive entheogens in religious, shamanic, or spiritual contexts.
- Raw materials uses — biofuel, lumber and other building materials, packaging, and components/ingredients in other products and items.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.