For definitions of dystopian please see the article dystopia. A typical dystopian film is one which is often, but not always, set in the future, in a society where the government is corrupt and/or ineffectual. The world within the film often has nightmare-like qualities, though it also usually includes elements of contemporary society. Often, dystopian films function as radical political commentary and as a warning against some element of contemporary society.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► 28 Days Later (7 P)
- ► American dystopian films (5 C, 220 P)
- ► Cyberpunk films (4 C, 101 P)
- ► German dystopian films (2 P)
- ► Mad Max (franchise) films (4 P)
- ► Films based on Nineteen Eighty-Four (8 P, 2 F)
- ► Post-apocalyptic films (21 C, 18 P)
- ► RoboCop (franchise) (3 C, 15 P, 1 F)
Pages in category "Dystopian films"
The following 106 pages are in this category, out of 106 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).