Category:Enzymes by function
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enzymes appear in this category according to the EC number classification:
- EC 1 Oxidoreductases: catalyze oxidation/reduction reactions
- EC 2 Transferases: transfer a functional group (e.g. a methyl or phosphate group)
- EC 3 Hydrolases: catalyze the hydrolysis of various bonds
- EC 4 Lyases: cleave various bonds by means other than hydrolysis and oxidation
- EC 5 Isomerases: catalyze isomerization changes within a single molecule
- EC 6 Ligases: join two molecules with covalent bonds
For more information, see Enzyme Commission number.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.