Category:Extinct languages of Europe
In some cases, however, it is not known whether a language has a spoken descendant or not. For example, because of the uncertain origin of the Albanian language—aside from its being an Indo-European language—and because little remains of the ancient languages in question, there is dispute whether Dacian, Thracian or Illyrian have a spoken descendant, Albanian. These languages are not included here.
This page is based on old pages in the history of List of extinct languages of Europe.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Extinct Baltic languages (6 P)
- ► Extinct Celtic languages (3 C, 13 P)
- ► Middle Persian (1 C, 13 P)
- ► Extinct Romance languages (3 C, 14 P)
- ► Varieties of Ancient Greek (4 C, 10 P)
- ► West Baltic languages (4 P)
Pages in category "Extinct languages of Europe"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).