Category:Former private collections
Private collections of art or other objects that no longer remain in the ownership of private individuals, though they may be now owned by a trust or similar body for the purposes of exhibiting them to the public. Articles on museums founded from private collections should only be included here if the collection has not been significantly expanded since leaving private ownership.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Farnese collection (10 P)
- ► Huntington Library (2 C, 7 P)
- ► Ludovisi collection (8 P)
- ► Norton Simon Museum (2 C, 1 P)
- ► Townley collection (6 P)
- ► Wallace Collection (2 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Former private collections"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- McNay Art Museum
- Menil Collection
- Michaelis Collection
- Miho Museum
- Mohamed Mahmoud Khalil Museum
- Musaeum Tradescantianum
- Musée Jacquemart-André
- Museo Soumaya
- Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Museum Bredius
- Museum Ludwig
- Museum Mayer van den Bergh
- Museum of Lázaro Galdiano
- Museum of Russian Icons (Clinton, Massachusetts)