|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hate crimes.|
In both crime and law, hate crime (also known as bias-motivated crime) is a usually violent, prejudice motivated crime that occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group. Examples of such groups include but are not limited to: ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, physical appearance, religion, or sexual orientation.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Caste-related violence in India (1 C, 16 P)
- ► Ethnic riots (5 C, 61 P)
- ► Hate speech (26 P)
- ► Ku Klux Klan crimes (2 C, 17 P)
- ► People convicted of hate crimes (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Transphobic violence (3 C, 10 P)
Pages in category "Hate crimes"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).