Category:History of association football
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of association football.|
Association football is the official name of the sport governed by the International Federation of Association football (FIFA). It is known in some parts of the world as "soccer"; a derivative of the word "association". In others, it is known simply as "football". For more information on the sport, see association football. For information about all sports known as football, see football. For information about usage of the words "football" and "soccer" by country, see football (word).
There are history sections in many football articles which do not focus exclusively on history, for example articles about football by country, national football teams, football clubs and football competitions.
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Association football controversies (6 C, 91 P)
- ► Creators of association football (6 P)
- ► Association football matches (45 C, 10 P)
- ► Seasons in association football (17 C, 1 P)
- ► Unrelegated association football clubs (57 P)
- ► Wartime association football (6 C, 10 P)
- ► Women's association football records and statistics (1 C, 10 P)
- ► Years in association football (183 C, 154 P)
Pages in category "History of association football"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).